Admin: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mon-Fri.
Vivarium: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mon-Fri.
Office of the Attending Veterinarian
The Office of the Attending Veterinarian (OAV) provides consultation for activities utilizing animals at the university including problems with animal studies, experimental design, training on animal use techniques, development of new animal models and techniques, and facilitating compliance with regulatory requirements. OAV supports an American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine (ACLAM) accredited residency training program with a specialty in laboratory animal medicine.
- animal protocol consultation
- consultation on animal models
- animal model development is one of our specialties, along with ongoing collaborations in model implementation and use
- identify the most appropriate animal species for your research and will then help you design the project to meet your study aims
- technical support for the conduct of your study
Administrative Support for Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
The administrative support staff provides the following to the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC):
- meeting administration
- e-Protocol processing
- post-approval monitoring
University Laboratory Animal Resources
In coordination with IACUC, the University Laboratory and Animal Resources (ULAR) staff provide standard vivaria support, and support for dedicated surgery space (>2000 sq. ft.), an imaging facility (MRI, ultrasound, CT, PET, and IVIS), and necropsy.