“By backing great ideas emanating both from our faculty and from administrative leaders, Ohio State aims to double its sponsored research within this decade.”
President Kristina M. Johnson
State of the University Address
February 18, 2021
A lead PI for this program must be a faculty member, either tenure/tenure track or research, or a clinical-track faculty member who is engaged in research. PI status at Ohio State is required for all lead PIs. Co-PIs can be faculty, research staff or post-docs from intellectually distinct disciplines.
Please note: Faculty investigators may only serve in the role of PI or Co-PI on a single PRE project proposal during each combined Accelerator and Catalyst funding cycle. If any faculty investigator is named as PI or Co-PI on more than one proposal, only the first proposal submitted, as indicated by the time and date stamp from the submission site, will be reviewed and all other proposals submitted after that will be disqualified.
- March 22, 2021– Call for Accelerator proposals open
- April 19, 2021– Accelerator proposals due, 5 p.m. EST
- June 1, 2021– Accelerator awards announced
The project period for all Accelerator awards is from July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022. A final report is required to be submitted on August 1, 2022.
The Catalyst timeline includes submission of concept papers, followed by invited full proposals.
- March 22, 2021– Call for Catalyst proposals open
- June 21, 2021– Catalyst concept papers due, Noon EST
- July 30, 2021– Catalyst concept paper decisions announced, Invitations for full proposals issued
- August 31, 2021– Catalyst invited full proposals due, 5 p.m. EST
- October 15, 2021– Catalyst awards announced
The project period for awarded Catalyst projects is from January 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023 if the project period is 18 months or January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2023 if the project period is 24 months. A final report is required to be submitted on July 31, 2023 (18 month projects) and January 31, 2024 (24 month projects).