Ohio State’s research and creative expression community relies on a variety of funders including federal agencies, private foundations, state agencies and corporations to support efforts to discover new knowledge and innovations. The following sources of funding information are applicable to those seeking funding in many subject areas. Most searchable databases allow users to establish a profile and receive information via email, based upon their preferences.
Some also send out electronic newsletters, funding alerts and other forms of regular communication. Some databases contain faculty profiles – a useful tool for identifying potential collaborative partners.
Ohio State Funding
- Accelerator Awards
- Battelle Engineering, Technology and Human Affairs (BETHA)
- Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Center for Clinical and Translational Science
- Center for Emergent Materials Seed Grants
- Chronic Brain Injury Funding & Resources
- Connect and Collaborate Grants Program
- Central Cost Share Request
- Foods For Health Funding Opportunities
- Global Arts and Humanities Funding Opportunities
- Growing Research Opportunities
- Infectious Diseases Institute
- Institute for Materials Research
- Institute for Population Research Seed Grant
- Mershon Center for International Security Studies
- Ohio State Comprehensive Cancer Center Research Program
- OARDC Research Enhancement Competitive Grants
- Pelotonia Fellowship Program
- Presidents Research Excellence Program
- Research Funding and Awards Portal
- Strategic Research Travel Program
- Translation Data Analytics Institute Interdisciplinary Pilot Awards
SPIN Funding Opportunities Database
SPIN is a funding opportunity database that provides information on over 40,000 distinct funding opportunities from more than 10,000 global sponsors. Create customized searches that generate daily email funding alerts based on research interests.
The Office of Research provides a campus-wide subscription. To begin using SPIN, create a SPIN profile.
Alert and Notice Subscriptions
State Of Ohio Funding
Ohio Third Frontier Program (access to business assistance, capital and talent resources to accelerate the growth of diverse startup and early stage technology companies)
Ohio Department of Higher Education contains Requests for Proposals and Requests for Information that are administered by the Ohio Department of Higher Education
ResultsOHIO: Ohio’s Pay for Success initiative
The Office of Foundation Relations can help faculty and staff identify potential private foundation funders. Their knowledge of relationships between the university and potential funders may help improve the competitiveness of your applications. Resources: Philanthropy News Digest
Buckeye Funder is the university’s crowdfunding platform and offers an opportunity for Buckeye Nation to provide support to the colleges, units, programs and projects that are most important to them.