Administration and Units
The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) supports the development, implementation and coordination of sponsored research, from proposal submission to project closeout.
Main Contact Number: 614-688-8288
- Help you find funding sources
- Assist in proposal preparation and submission
- Negotiate contracts
- Track and receive sponsor payments
- Provide oversight for grants and contracts
- Handle purchasing and travel needs
- Ensure compliance with sponsor and university requirements
- Streamline administrative burdens
The Office of Responsible Research Practices (ORRP) helps investigators meet the requirements for research involving animals, human subjects and biohazards. ORRP also supports the institutional review boards responsible for review and oversight.
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)
- Institutional Review Boards (IRBs)
Main Contact Number: 614-688-8457
- Provide consultation on research/instructional activities
- Help you navigate the regulations
- Assist with research submissions, reporting and record keeping
- Provide educational programs and training
- Offer quality improvement monitoring
The Office of the Attending Veterinarian (OAV) supports the care and use of animals involved in research projects.
Main Contact Number: 614-292-1561
- Deliver veterinary care
- Offer consultation on experimental design
- Provide training on animal care techniques
University Laboratory Animal Resources (ULAR) facilitates the humane care and use of animals in biomedical research and teaching.
Main Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide oversight for animal housing facilities
- Standardize animal care procedures
- Oversee compliance with federal regulations
The Office of Research Compliance (ORC) supports and promotes ethical research practices at Ohio State.
Main Contact Number: 614-292-9258
- Identify research compliance risks
- Coordinate institution-wide compliance policy and procedure development
- Ensure compliance with university policies and federal, state and local regulations
- Administer the conflict of interest disclosure process
- Manage the university’s policy for handling allegations of research misconduct
The STEAM Factory is a diverse and inclusive grass-roots network in the Ohio State community that facilitates creative and interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation and dissemination.
The STEAM Factory staff:
- Provide opportunities for collaboration that enhance and drive innovation within all research disciplines;
- Provide linkages and interdisciplinary interactions between Ohio State departments and colleges; and
- Increase the public awareness, understanding and impact of Ohio State research.
The Proposal Development Office (PDO) works with researchers and university leadership to identify, analyze, plan and develop strategic, multidisciplinary funding opportunities. The office provides three main phases of support: positioning, capture planning and proposal preparation.
Main Contact Number: 614-292-8190
- Profile sponsors and analyze funding opportunity requirements
- Assess Ohio State capabilities and potential competitors
- Analyze federal solicitations
- Prepare outlines and timelines to guide proposal teams
- Plans, organizes and leads proposal review teams
- Conduct training on capture and proposal development techniques
The Industry Liaison Office (ILO) partners with the Office of Sponsored Programs, Career Services, Corporate Development, Technology Commercialization and Corporate Engagement to implement the university’s engagement strategy with industry.
Main Contact Number: 614-292-5701
- Prepare faculty for industry engagement through workshops/personal support
- Coordinate research disciplines across campus to meet industry needs
- Expand industry access to university assets
- Evaluate potential industry partnerships
- Increase student engagement and commercialization opportunities with industry
Ohio State ADVANCE empowers women to extend the reach of their research. ADVANCE facilitates inclusive faculty recruitment and hiring practices, addresses retention issues and provides clear and inclusive pathways to leadership in research and administration.
Main Contact Number: 614-247-4984
- Develop the entrepreneurial capacity of women faculty innovators
- Examine barriers that exclude women from full participation in technology transfer activities
- Provides research networks from women of color in STEMM
- Offer consultation on faculty searches, institutional culture/climate issues, proposal development and career advancement