Admin: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Vivarium: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Office of the Attending Veterinarian
111 Wiseman Hall
400 W. 12th Ave
Columbus, OH 43210
OAV provides consultation for activities utilizing animals on campus including problems with animal studies, experimental design, training on animal use techniques, development of new animal models and techniques, and facilitating compliance with regulatory requirements. OAV supports a ACLAM accredited residency training program with a specialty in laboratory animal medicine.
The OAV specializes in helping you design and implement your research projects that involve the use of animals.
The OAV provides:
- Animal protocol consultation
- Consultation on animal models
- animal model development is one of our specialties, along with ongoing collaborations in model implementation and use.
- identify the most appropriate animal species for your research and will then help you design the project to meet your study aims
- Technical support for the conduct of your study