Stay up-to-date on Ohio State news related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Coronavirus and Your Research Program
Ohio State Guidance and Contacts
To read critical research and creative expression guidance please click on the appropriate links.
- Urgent request to Deans and Associate Deans of Research for certain unopened (sealed) medical supplies (Sent 3/24/20)
- Guidance to all active PIs and Post Docs regarding salary charges for federal grants (Sent 3/20/2020)
- Guidance to deans and associate deans of research, about critical research activities (Sent March 18, 2020)
- Guidance to all research and creative expression investigators (Sent March 15, 2020)
- Guidance and FAQs from the Office of Responsible Research Practices for human subjects-related research (originally issued on March 12, 2020. Updates are posted regularly on the site.)
If you have any questions about your research program, please contact your sponsored program officer. If you have questions related to your IRB protocols, please email ORRPcovid@osu.edu. If you have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
Federal Agency Guidance
As additional federal agencies provide guidance we will add links here.
(Guidance sent to Grantees, Subject to Change)
(Guidance sent to Contractors, Subject to Change)
- AFRL/AFOSR Contracting – No Cost Extension
- Potential Contract Impacts due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) (Sent to Contractors, Subject to Change)
Other Sponsored Research Guidance
- American College Health Association
- Association of Public and Land-grant Universities Responses to Coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control
- Council on Governmental Relations (COGR) FAQs
- Council on Governmental Relations (COGR) Federal Agency Response
- COVID-19 (“Coronavirus”) Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel (Department of Education)
- Department of State Travel Advisories
- Guide for Developing High-Quality Emergency Operations Plans for Institutions of Higher Education (2013)
- Interim Guidance for Administrators of US Institutions of Higher Education (IHE) to Plan, Prepare and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Ohio Department of Health COVID-19 website
- Ohio State Message From the Chief Wellness Officer
- Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW) Disaster Planning and Response Resources
- Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (Department of State)
- State and Territorial Health Department Websites
- World Health Organization
Prepare for Possible Impacts on Your Research
As the country and state prepare for the potential impacts of COVID-19, this is a good time to prepare about its possible impacts on your research program.
- What would the impact be to my research and sponsored programs if I had to self-quarantine for two weeks?
- What would the impact be to my research and sponsored programs if more than one of my research staff had to self-quarantine for two weeks?
- Are there studies involving participants, animals, ingredients, or experiments that would be adversely affected? If so, what plans should be put in place to allow for them to continue or allow for them to be stopped and later resumed in the least impactful way?
- What standing purchasing orders or human resource issues might be impacted?
- Would data collection/analysis/storage be impacted?
- What costs would be associated with these impacts?
- What regulatory approvals will be expiring soon and what would be the impacts if they are not renewed? Can they be renewed early?
- Are there any collaborators that need to be notified?
- What sponsor reports or deadlines might be due during this time period?
- Would the impact of these actions warrant a for-cost or no-cost extension request for any of my sponsored projects?
- What notice might I need to give sponsors or regulators if the research is going to be paused or significantly delayed beyond a couple of weeks?