Growing Research Opportunities
Growing Research Opportunities (GRO) initiative is designed to help position Ohio State for research excellence in new areas. Through a developing, multi-faceted set of programs GRO seeks to foster intellectually diverse, collaborative research across academic domains, catalyze new scholarly pursuits, and help generate compelling future funding proposals.
GRO Ideation Workshops
Ideation Workshops are designed to help teams hone their ideas and develop strategies and action steps to pursue external funding. Selected interdisciplinary or convergence research teams will engage in four, 90-minute virtual workshops facilitated by the Research Development Office. During these workshops team members will engage with one another to:
- Build consensus and shared vocabulary on key components of an interdisciplinary or convergent research question;
- Generate and prioritize new ideas or approaches to address the question;
- Draft positioning strategies for potential external sponsors;
- Draft a collaboration agreement that defines shared goals, roles and responsibilities among team members, and methods for communication and conflict resolution; and
- Produce an action plan with major milestones for 90 days, 6 months, and 1-2 years towards submission of a proposal for external funding within 12-24 months.
Interested teams are required to e-mail Jeff Agnoli (Agnoli.email@example.com) stating their intent to apply no later than midnight on December 15, 2020. Jeff will arrange a brief call to ensure your idea is appropriate for this competition and to discuss the virtual workshop process and expectations.
Proposals must be submitted by 5 p.m. EST on Friday, January 29, 2021.Apply for the Workshops
If you have additional questions on the GRO initiative please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.