Anyone with PI status is eligible to be the lead applicant. Proposals must include a Community Partner as co-investigator AND at least one other Ohio State investigator (faculty, research staff or post docs) from an intellectually distinct discipline AND a different college.
Budget and Duration
Projects should be of 12 months or less duration. Proposals may be submitted in one of the following tiers:
- Small grants, $5,000 to $25,000, suitable for secondary data or policy/program analysis, small-scale survey work, curriculum or symposia development, creative works, or community conversations leading to evidenced-based, actionable recommendations for specific change, clear societal benefit, or small scale pilot implementation.
- Large grants, $25,000 to $50,000, suitable for works of creative expression, research, or program development with pilot implementation on the Ohio State campuses or in a community setting
The Round 2 competition includes submission of concept papers, followed by invited full proposals. No additional funding rounds are planned at this time.
- February 26, 2021 – Round 2 Concept Papers due, 5 p.m. EST
- March 31, 2021 – Concept Paper decisions announced
- April 30, 2021 – Round 2 Invited Full Proposals due, 5 p.m. EST
- May 28, 2021 – Round 2 Awards announced
The project period for all awarded Round 2 projects will be June 1, 2021 – May 31, 2022
Arts and Humanities Matching Funds
The Global Arts + Humanities Discovery Theme (GAHDT) is steadfast in its commitment to cross-disciplinary research and creative practices that address struggles for racial justice and empower faculty and students to contribute to society as change agents. To further these commitments and support Ohio State’s Call for Action on Racial Justice, GAHDT announces a 1:1 matching funds opportunity in conjunction with the Seed Fund for Racial Justice. For additional information, please contact GAHDT Program Manager, Puja Batra-Wells email@example.com.