Access more than 40,000 distinct opportunities from more than 10,000 global sponsors. Create customized searches that generate daily email funding alerts based on research interests.
- Create a SPIN profile
- PDF: Instructions
- Access SPIN
- Search by SPIN ID or funding category. You can also access publicly saved searches.
- Create custom searchers that generate daily e-mail alerts (SMARTS) based on key words
Contact: Jeff Agnoli
- Search the Research Funding and Awards
Candidate selection process
When only one investigator is interested in responding to an RFP, that investigator is automatically named as the Ohio State candidate.
When the number of interested internal candidates exceeds the number of proposals that the university can submit, the Office of Research will manage the selection process.
- If all internal candidates are from the same college, the college’s research officer (CRO) will be responsible candidate selection.
- When more than one college is involved, the Office of Research will form a selection committee of at least three members representing the colleges involved.
- Each applicant must provide a pre-proposal based on sponsor guidelines and a current CV.
- For multidisciplinary opportunities, collaborations among potential applicants are encouraged.
The Office of Research will contact all candidates regarding the decision of the selection committee. The selected candidate(s) sponsor program officer will also be notified.
Researchers are encouraged to apply for some opportunities considered “distinguished or prominent.” While there is no limit to the number of proposals that can be submitted, Ohio State coordinates all applications from the institution.
Some prizes and awards require a formal nomination. In order to have a nomination considered, the designated contact person must be notified by the intent date.
Contact: Jeff Agnoli
- Grants.gov (information on more than 1,000 grant programs from federal funding agencies)
- FedBizOpps.gov (search more than 36,000 active federal opportunities)
- Challenge.gov (listing of challenge and prize competitions run by more that 102 federal government agencies)
- Additional Tools
Ohio Development Services Agency
- Ohio Third Frontier Program (access to business assistance, capital and talent resources to accelerate the growth of diverse startup and early stage technology companies)
Ohio HigherED (Department of Higher Education)
The Office of Foundation Relations can help faculty and staff identify potential private foundation funders. Their knowledge of relationships between the university and potential funders may help improve the competitiveness of your applications.
- Battelle Engineering, Technology and Human Affairs (BETHA)
- Byrd Polar Research Center Fellowship Program
- Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCTS)
- Center for Emergent Materials Seed Grants
- Connect and Collaborate Grants Program (Office of Academic Affairs)
- Infectious Diseases Institute Funding Mechanisms
- Institute for Materials Funding Support
- Mershon Center for International Security Studies
- Ohio State Comprehensive Cancer Center Intramural Research Program
- OARDC Research Enhancement Competitive Grants
A resource discovery tool built to facilitate translational science research. Collect and share information about your research resources with this free software and gain access to one of the largest collections of information about core facilities, iPS cell lines, and other valuable, unique or rare scientific resources in the world.
Search the entire scope of Ohio State research experts.
Ohio Innovation Exchange
Access more than 8,250 faculty profiles and 200 resources from Case Western Reserve University, Ohio University, Ohio State University and the University of Cincinnati.
Research Development and Grant Writing News
A monthly electronic newsletter for faculty on how to compete successfully for research and education funding from federal agencies and foundations. Ohio State has an institutional subscription (use your Ohio State login and password.
A campus hub for collaborative and interdisciplinary research across all fields.