Ohio State’s research and creative expression community relies on a variety of funders including federal agencies, private foundations, state agencies and corporations to support efforts to discover new knowledge and innovations. The following sources of funding information are applicable to those seeking funding in many subject areas. Most searchable databases allow users to establish a profile and receive information via email, based upon their preferences.
Some also send out electronic newsletters, funding alerts and other forms of regular communication. Some databases contain faculty profiles – a useful tool for identifying potential collaborative partners.
SPIN is a funding opportunity database that provides information on over 40,000 distinct funding opportunities from more than 10,000 global sponsors. Create customized searches that generate daily email funding alerts based on research interests.
Contact: Jeff Agnoli
- Grants.gov provides information on more than 1,000 grant programs from federal funding agencies
- Beta.sam.gov publishes notices for federal government agencies’ proposed contract actions valued at more than $25,000
- Challenge.gov is the official hub for prize competitions and challenges across all federal government
- Additional Tools
Subscribe to federal agency funding alerts and notices, including:
Ohio Third Frontier Program (access to business assistance, capital and talent resources to accelerate the growth of diverse startup and early stage technology companies)
Ohio Department of Higher Education contains Requests for Proposals and Requests for Information that are administered by the Ohio Department of Higher Education
ResultsOHIO: Ohio’s Pay for Success initiative
Buckeye Funder is the university’s crowdfunding platform and offers an opportunity for Buckeye Nation to provide support to the colleges, units, programs and projects that are most important to them.
Office of Research
- Strategic Research Travel Program
- Growing Research Opportunities
- Battelle Engineering, Technology and Human Affairs (BETHA)
- Byrd Polar Research Center Fellowship Program
- Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCTS)
- Center for Emergent Materials Seed Grants
- Connect and Collaborate Grants Program (Office of Academic Affairs)
- Infectious Diseases Institute
- Institute for Materials Research
- Institute for Population Research Seed Grant
- Mershon Center for International Security Studies
- Ohio State Comprehensive Cancer Center Research Program
- OARDC Research Enhancement Competitive Grants
- Translation Data Analytics Institute Seed Grants
Research Asset Identification
A resource discovery tool built to facilitate translational science research. Collect and share information about your research assets and gain access to one of the largest collections of information about core facilities, iPS cell lines, and other valuable, unique or rare scientific resources. If you are interested in adding your research assets to this tool, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Research Commons provides a suite of services and a space through which researchers can explore collaborative, interdisciplinary, and emerging research methods and connect with experts for support at any stage of the research process.